twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

Tuesday 28 July 2015

My July Monthly Makeup Favourites!



I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty nosey when it comes to which beauty and makeup products other girls are purchasing and which products are working for them. Just me? 

So with this in mind, I’ve decided that from now on I’ll be writing monthly makeup (or any kind of beauty product) favourites! Although I’m trying to save my money where I can, I’ve still managed to sneak in a few new beauty finds in my ever-growing collection.  



Mac Pro Longwear Concealer: This isn’t the first month I’ve tried this, but here it is in my July favourites! It will forever be a staple for me in the concealer department. It brightens, concealers, covers, and the coverage and pigment is absolutely astounding! Unfortunately this concealer only comes in a 9ml bottle, but it will last for a long time, remember that a little goes a long way with this stuff! 

 Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Crème Color Eyeliner: If you’ve read any of my previous blog posts, you’ll know just how in love I am with Anastasia Beverly Hills, their products are just really impressing me at the moment. So it’s no surprise that their Waterproof Crème Color Eyeliner has made it into July’s favourites. I’ve never been very skilled with eyeliners, but this is great if you’re a beginner. Just apply it with an angled brush and it’s done! It’s extremely pigmented and creamy. But it does dry pretty quickly and is very difficult to wash off, so be prepared for a long makeup removing routine!

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder: Again this isn’t the first time I’ve tried out this powder, but I wanted to talk about this because it is just that amazing! Of course every now and then I do like to deviate from this powder and try out a few news ones, but I always end up coming back to this powder! It’s just amazing! I have very oily skin (especially in the summer) and my biggest problem during the summer is my foundation seeping through my powder. But this powder works wonders for staying matte. What can I say; it does exactly what it says on the tin. It’s a cheap and cheerful little product and even works better than some of the higher end powders I’ve tried! 

Mac “Nice N’ Spicy” Pro Longwear Lip Pencil: I don’t own many lip liners, so obviously one of my go-to makeup brands for trying out new products is Mac! I wanted a nude lip liner but would stay on throughout the day. What can I say? This stuff is amazing, it doesn’t budge all day and the colour is absolutely beautiful! It's a highly pigmented, universal nude colour that will work on almost any skin tone. If you’re looking for a nude lip liner, give “Nice N’ Spicy” a try! 

Mac “Velvet Teddy” Lipstick: And last but absolutely not least (in fact I may have left my very favourite for the end) the extremely popular and infamous Velvet Teddy lip shade from Mac! I’m sure you’ve all heard of this gorgeous shade, but in case you didn’t know, it’s an iconic 90’s nude shade (almost a Kylie Jenner lip colour) and again, lasts all day! Did I mention Mac lipsticks smell absolutely amazing?! 

So that’s it for my July favourites, there were only five but I didn’t want to ramble on forever a bore you all. If you want to know anymore on any of these little makeup goodies, I’ve written a blog post on every one so you’re welcome to have a little read if any of them have tickled your fancy! 

Thanks for reading! 

Alice D x  


4 comments:

  1. I'm always curious to see what other girls are buying too! I want to try the rimmel stay matte powder. Great post!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Perla! I'd definitely try out the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder it's such an amazing product! Thanks for commenting and glad you enjoyed reading!

      Alice D x

      Delete
  2. I love rimmel stay matte powder.. it's working with my oily skin pretty well!

    Hope you're having a great day!
    Btw, I just followed you on Blloglovin and Twitter :)

    xoxo
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jhem! I know the Rimmel powder is like a miracle for us with oily skin! Aww thank you so much I really appreciate it, I've followed you back on everything :) Have a lovely day! xxx

      Delete

blogger template